Natural haircare to do yourself.
Leave the beauty industry behind and take over your life and bodycare.
The big advantage is that you k ow what are the ingredients, you decide the quality and costs for your skin and haircare and can personalize the treatment each time you prepare it.
Its not only the seasonal changes that effect your hair and by that should be reflected in the care you are giving it also lifestyle changes and hormonal situations change your body and hair and can be easily integrated in your personal bodycare recipes.
Lets get more specific.
Hair is not only hair, it is connected to the scalp and reflects your vital energy.
With the years it changes. Change is good. But reating well your body and mind is important.
Where the mind goes goes the chi chinese say, so, by giving your hair loving care it will make chi go there and benefit it.
Doing every once in a while a hair mask is very nurturing for the scalp, root of healthy hair, amd the hair itself. Conditioner normally are too fast washed out to really penetrate the scalp.
Especially if you dye your hair you should give it a treat.
There are easy DIY hair masks you can do with very basic ingredients and essential oils that do a great job.
Natural DIY hair mask for dry and curly hair
The recipe is easy and fast, the best way is to use a blender.
If you have very long hair use twice the quantity.
If you have curly hair you might replace parts of the coconut oil with olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 5–10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5–10 drops lavender essential oil
- Place coconut oil and avocado in the blender.
- Add the eggs and honey and blend.
- Add the rosemary and lavender oils and blend.
- To apply, dampen your hair, then apply the mask evenly throughout, especially the ends of the hair.
- Once you have applied it, cover the hair with a shower cap or towels so that you do not get it on your clothes.
- Allow the mask sit for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Wash out the mask with all-natural shampoo and conditioner.
- For best results, try applying this mask once a week.
Coconut oil works great for haircare because of it’s high in fatty acids, which provide much needed nourishment and moisturizing for the scalp and hair and reduces hair breakage.
Olive oil is great for curly hair as it penetrates well and moisturizes without weighing down the curls.
Avocado is well known for improving the condition of the hair by moisturizing.
Its packed with oils and vitamins and prevents the hair from falling out and promotes hair growth.
The honey and eggs make your hair super shiny and healthy as well, they also help the mask to have a great texture and sticky.
The essential oils of lavender and Rosemary promote the health and growth of the hair, fight bacteria and dandruff, promote hair growth and do a great job balancing the natural oil secretion of the scalp.
Give it a try.
More on natural haircare