Rose Geranium essential oil is a favourite for many due to its myriad of benefits and incredible smell. This versatile essential oil has a heavenly rose like smell, with a twist of citrus. It has been used for centuries in perfumes, for skincare and aromatherapy. But did you know it’s also a hero for your hair?
These haircare recipes will restore and revive your locks, using only natural ingredients, breathing new life into dull, limp hair.
Benefits of Rose Geranium for Hair
Mood boosting haircare
Rose Geranium essential oil is used for its mood uplifting properties, boosting low, negative energy and creating a balanced state of mind. It is frequently used by aromatherapists for creating emotional stability, promoting relaxation and fighting fatigue. By adding this divinely scented oil to your haircare, you can enjoy these benefits all day long!
Repairs, protects and nourishes
The high content of antioxidants in Rose Geranium essential oil will repair and nourish your hair from the inside out. Antioxidants fight free radicals that often accumulate in the hair cells from exposure to pollution, excessive sunlight and chemicals used to wash and treat your hair. Rose Geranium acts as a barrier to these free radicals, resulting in healthy, radiant locks.
Promotes hair growth
Rose Geranium contains an abundance of flavonoids, which have been shown to promote hair growth, as well as prevent hair loss. Applying rose geranium to your head will nourish and tone the scalp, setting up a healthy foundation for new hair to grow and feeding the follicles and strands with rose geranium essential oil goodness. Leaving you with thick, shiny goddess like hair.
Simply adding a few drops of Rose Geranium Essential Oil to your current shampoo and conditioner will leave your hair beautifully shiny and healthy. If you would prefer to make your own hair treatments, try these two recipes!
DIY Rose Geranium Leave-in Conditioner
1. Add all the ingredients in cobalt glass spray bottle, or any other spray bottle you have
2. Mix well by shaking the bottle gently
3. To use, spray over your hair as needed, after washing. Remember to shake the bottle well before each use.
4. Try and avoid the roots of your hair, sticking to the middle sections and ends
5. The amount you need will depend on your hair type. Find the amount that works for you!
DIY Rose Geranium Hair Spray
1. Add the sugar to water in a saucepan
2. Slowly heat the mixture, just until sugar dissolves in the water
3. Remove saucepan from the heat and allow to cool
4. Pour essential oils into a mist spray bottle.
5. Add the cooled sugar water
6. Apply it to your hair as you would hairspray
You may want to add more or reduce the amount of sugar, depending on the hold you want. It should not feel sticky.