Soothe your Skin with Botanical Delights
Craft your own botanically-infused skin serum for all skin-types, incorporating the soothing scents and uplifting properties of neroli, rose geranium and lavender essential oils for your skin’s glow!
Botanical Allies for a Soothing Skin Serum
- Neroli Essential Oil
Neroli essential oil has a sweet and slightly citrus fragrance. It is truly a wonderful aroma and essential oil that has many benefits for the skin’s health.
Neroli works on all skin types, especially sensitive, dry and mature skin. Neroli’s cytophylactic properties helps to heal scar tissue and promote cellular regeneration, with a bright new glow to the skin’s tone.
Neroli essential oil also helps to cleanse the skin through its antimicrobial properties, making this essential oil an ally for acne-prone skin (Orchard, Ané, and Sandy van Vuuren., 2017), while it’s fragrant aroma soothes and uplifts the spirit.
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Rose Geranium essential oil is a soothing, fragrant flower with superb benefits for the skin.
It is great for all skin types, whether you have dry, oily, sensitive or mature skin. Geranium essential oil helps to balance sebum production, cleansing the skin through antimicrobial properties, tightening and toning the skin through its astringent actions.
Additionally, rose geranium’s anti-inflammatory properties help to relieve symptoms of acne, psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis (Boukhatem, Mohamed Nadjib et al., 2013).
This essential oil’s properties relax the skin and the mind through its soothing and anti-depressant effects (Boukhatem, Mohamed Nadjib et al., 2013).
- Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is another botanical extract that does wonder for the skin’s health.
It is antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and promotes skin-cell regeneration. This makes lavender essential oil great for all skin types, from dry to oily, mature, acne-prone and sensitive skin.
It’s anti-inflammatory properties offer relief for inflamed skin-types, including those with symptoms of dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, acne, burns, bites and wounds.
DIY Botanically-Infused Skin Serum
This fragrant botanically-infused skin serum is a soothing and uplifting blend that will suit all skin types while also refreshing and relaxing the senses.
- 10 ml evening primrose oil
- 15 ml jojoba oil
- 5 ml grapeseed oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops rose geranium essential oil
- 1 drops neroli essential oil
- 2 ml vitamin E
- Sterilise a 30 ml dropper bottle by boiling it in water, then letting it dry out completely.
- Once your dropper bottle has fully dried, pour in the carrier oils with essential oils.
- Blend well between your hands. Label and store in a cool and dry cupboard.
- How to use: apply the skin serum on your face, massaging from the inner to the outer parts of the face. Breathe in the aromas along the way to relax and soothe your senses.
- Apply sunscreen after to prevent sun damage on the skin.