Chamomile is one of nature’s most soothing remedies. These beautiful white flowers have a number of healing properties that are useful both inside the body and out.
Chamomile teas, tinctures and other homeopathic remedies have been used for centuries to heal digestive issues, alleviate anxiety and promote better sleep. The soothing and calming benefits found in chamomile essential oil also work wonders for the skin, resulting in a glowing complexion. The beautiful floral aroma of chamomile, as well as the nourishment this oil provides, are just two reasons to add this DIY Chamomile Face Wash into your skin care routine.
Benefits of Chamomile Essential Oil for Skin
Chamomile is the most gentle essential oil, making it perfect for anyone with sensitive skin. Its anti-inflammatory properties help soothe skin redness and irritation, rosacea, acne and pimples and even sun burn.
Whether you have sensitive skin or not, the magic of chamomile will leave your skin smooth and glowing.
Make your own Chamomile Facewash
This face wash recipe uses both Organic Chamomile Essential Oil, as well as chamomile tea, providing a double dose of chamomile magic.
The castor oil provides a nourishing source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant for your skin. Castile soap is 100% vegan, sulfate free, non-toxic and gentle on your skin. Try to source the highest quality organic ingredients to make your face wash, as this will make a major difference in how effective it is.
All the ingredients combined make this DIY face wash naturally hypo-allergenic, chemical free, paraben free, sulfate free and full of goodness.
It’s also so easy to make and super affordable, you’ll never want to buy conventional face wash again!
DIY Chamomile Facewash Recipe
- Use one heaped teaspoon or two teabags of chamomile tea and allow to steep in ¼ cup of boiling water until water is completely cool.
- Mix Castor oil, Castile soap and Chamomile Essential Oil in a bowl.
- Add cooled Chamomile Tea to the bowl and mix until completely combined
- Pour mixture into a pump bottle or any bottle with a lid, and your face wash is ready to use. Be sure to gentle shake the bottle before each use.
- Use morning and/or evening for glowing, soothed skin.