The scent of ylang ylang flowers is overwhelming.
Its very lush and tropical.
Intense, heavy, imposible to ignore fragrance sort of mellows around, sticks to your close and is really so exquisite that you have to get some petals and but them in your pocket.
Irs a little like jasmine flowers or roses, its really something you can not forget. It surrounds you and changes your mood.
The essential oils always smell slightly different from the flower but the oil is very delightful too.
It is a natural mood enhancer, aphrodisiac and so great for the skin and best for perfumes.
This essential oil comes from flower petals of the large, tropical ylang ylang tree.
Ylang Ylang means “flower of flowers” and has been used for centuries across tropical areas of Asia including the Philippines, Indonesia and the Polynesian Islands.
Fresh flowers have been used traditionally in Indonesia to decorate the bed of newly married on their wedding night due to their uplifting and aphrodisiac qualities.
Pour few drops of this sweet, floral in bath for relaxation. Refresh your skin by aromatherapy steam facial methods or use it as natural perfume. You can also mix it with your natural or homemade cosmetics and candles.
Ylang Ylang essential oil works well with a range of other oils, and is a beautiful oil to blend. Try blending it with lavender, frankincense, bergamot, jasmine or rose essential oils for best results.
DIY recipe for body lotion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup beeswax
- ¼ cup shea butter
- 2 Tbsp. vitamin E
- 20 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- In a glass bowl combine together the olive oil, coconut oil, beeswax and shea butter and heat up over a pot of simmer water on the stove until all ingredients are well combined together.
- Remove from the heat and cool in the fridge for at least an hour or until it is solid.
- Remove from the fridge and using a mixer beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy.
- Next add in the vitamin E and essential oils and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass container and store in a cool dry place.
- Use as needed